The objective of the partners co-operating within ICTaL was to increase the intercultural competences and didactic repertoires of educators, particularly among those who teach immigrants.
A need has been felt to improve awareness of intercultural competence and communication in an increasingly multicultural Europe.
ObjectiveThe objective of the partners co-operating within ICTaL was to increase the intercultural competences and didactic repertoires of educators, particularly among those who teach immigrants.
- to identify the local specific needs of disseminators and learners
- to collect and develop examples of best practice in intercultural teaching and learning
- to exchange experience and examples of best practise within intercultural teaching and learning concerning the immigrants’ countries of origin and destination
- to publish the results during a workshop performed by all partners for educators from each country and permanently through the home page
A home page has been established, including articles on good practice and theory. A workshop was organised in Berlin. Partly as a result of this project an application was sent for a project called Co-workers.
The following institutions were partners:
- Technical University of Berlin (Co-ordinator), German
- Adult Education School ”Enrique Tierno Galvan” ,Spain
- CEPA La Balanguera, Spain
- Vox, Norway