Innovative tools and procedures for validation of non-formal and informal learning in tourism sector
BackgroundThe project addresses the issue of validation of non-formal and informal learning, which responds to the needs of employees and job-seekers to get recognition for competencies they have acquired at the work place. The tourism sector has been chosen as a target sector because of the increasing number of non-qualified individuals working in the tourism sector (mostly hotels) in several European countries.
ObjectivesThe aim of the project is to evaluate existing tools and practices for validation of non-formal and informal learning and to offer the most practical and relevant ones, based on the experience of the five European countries that participate in the project. The project’s objective is to facilitate the process of validating non-formal and informal learning, with a focus on the needs of the tourism sector.
- Analysis of the most practical tools, instruments and procedures used in five European countries for validation of non-formal and informal learning
- Methodological and practical recommendations
- Creation of modular structures for educational programmes in the tourism sector, both at VET level and at college level
- Electronic competences testing programme for tourism sector
- Trained assessors in VET schools, companies and colleges
- Companies employees and other individuals having passed competence tests